5 Ways to Give Your Backyard the Tiki Touch or Aloha Vibe
• Grow mint so that you can pick leaves for drink garnishes and to infuse flavor into drinks. (Tip: Grow it in a pot to keep it from spreading throughout your garden.)
• Grow plants with aromatic flowers, like plumeria, Arabian jasmine, gardenia and freesia. And include Cassia didymobotrya, whose leaves smell like buttered popcorn when rubbed, and are loved by yellow sulphur butterflies, says Tony.
• Install tiki torches for light and heat, or make your own by upcycling old Mason jars.
• Scout area thrift stores for tiki treasures for your Zen oasis.
• Head to area beaches in search of interesting driftwood pieces to bring home.