- 1 pound large prawns (14–18)
- 2–3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Prawns can be sauteed in their shells or peeled, depending on how you want to serve them. Sauteing in the shell keeps in a bit more flavor, but peeling prawns makes them much easier to eat (and you don’t need finger bowls). If peeling prawns, leave tails on and remove dark veins.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add garlic, and add prawns right on top of it. Cook prawns over high heat for about a minute, until you see them starting to turn pink, then turn them over. Add lemon juice and chopped cilantro and cook another minute or so, just until prawns have turned pink all over. Exact cooking time depends on size of prawns.
Sprinkle on a tiny bit of sea salt and serve prawns with lemon wedges and crusty bread.