- 4 cups organic mixed greens
- ½ cup torn whole basil leaves
- ¼ cup torn whole tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 6 tablespoons Saffron Vinaigrette
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large pinch saffron (about 1 teaspoon)
- ⅛ cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, preferably local
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup olive oil, preferably local
Place the first 8 ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss well. Arrange salad mixture in a gentle mound on 4 plates. After plating the salad, there will be some “goods” at the bottom of the bowl. Distribute this equally. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes to infuse the flavor and color.
While the saffron mixture is resting, combine sesame and olive oil in a pourable container, and mix. Whisk oils into saffron mixture. You don’t need to be too careful—this is a dressing you want to break; the colors are amazing.