- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 4 cups cubed (1-inch) day-old baguette or crusty bread
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°. Place the wire rack in the middle of oven. Coat a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
Whisk together the half and half, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, salt and spices in a bowl.
Toss bread cubes and raisins with the melted butter in another bowl; add pumpkin mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to greased casserole baking dish and bake until custard is set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with Butterscotch Caramel Sauce (recipe attached).
Recipe courtesy of chef and culinary instructor Amy Tyrrell of Morsels As You Wish, a Ventura-based catering company.