- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced (1/2-inch thick wedges, like for pie)
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup dates (Medjool), pitted, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup Mission figs, cut in half lengthwise (Optional dried fruits: apricots, currants or raisins)
- ½ cup apple juice (could use white wine)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar, optional
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
In a sauté pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add prepared fruits and sauté for about 4-5 minutes or until apples slightly brown. Add apple juice, sugar, agave or honey and cinnamon.
Only stir a few times to not break apart the fruits. Add butter. Mixture will thicken as it cooks. Cook on medium heat until thick, about 20 minutes (most of the liquid will have evaporated.) Once thick, remove from heat and cool on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Serve warm or room temperature in a martini glass and top with a dollop of the Vanilla Greek Yogurt Ricotta mixture.