- 2 pounds fresh or frozen cranberries, washed
- 3 green apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups sugar (or less, to taste)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur (or Calvados apple brandy)
In a large pot, add all ingredients except liqueur. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil, and turn down heat to simmer gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the liqueur during the last few minutes of cooking time.
This recipe comes courtesy of Katherine Glassman of Sticky Fingers Baking Company in Ventura.