- 1 cup each beet and dandelion greens, chopped; plus several whole leaves for topping
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or plain) goat cheese
Preheat oven to 410° and place an 8- by 10-inch pan inside oven as it preheats.
Chop beet and dandelion greens. Heat olive oil in a large pan and saute onions and garlic on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add greens, stirring every so often, until the onions are translucent and the greens wilted, about 2 to 5 minutes. Put the cooked greens mixture in a bowl to cool.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; add milk, flour and sea salt. Whisk until most lumps have disappeared.
Mix in crumbled bacon, rosemary, tarragon and sauteed greens mixture. Place butter in the hot pan in the oven. When butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven and pour batter into pan.
Crumble goat cheese over the top and arrange the remaining leaves on surface; make sure to partially submerge goat cheese and leaves. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, until browned. Remove pan and serve immediately.