- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 2 Ojai Pixie tangerines, peeled and sectioned (or other small, seedless tangerine)
- 5 sprigs fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons mandarin-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon tangerine-infused balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup shelled pistachios (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°. Place asparagus, tangerine sections, fennel and mint in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and mustard. Pour the olive oil mixture over asparagus, tangerines, fennel and mint and coat evenly.
Roast about 10–12 minutes, until crisp tender, stirring midway. Baking time will depend on thickness of asparagus. Remove mint sprigs after baking.
Transfer asparagus and other ingredients to a serving platter and drizzle with tangerine-infused balsamic vinegar. Garnish with fresh mint and pistachio pieces, if desired.
Variation: Extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar can be substituted for the flavor-infused varieties.