- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips (I like Lily’s stevia-sweetened or Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt (to taste)
In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut, flaxseed, chocolate chips, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Mix the ingredients using your hands to combine everything thoroughly. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if the batter seems too dry. Roll the dough with wet hands into 1-inch balls and arrange them on a plate. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Note: If you aren’t a chocolate lover, try raisins, dried cherries and cranberries or chopped dried apricots instead of chocolate, and up the cinnamon by another 1/4 teaspoon.