Putting on an apron and diving into a recipe can be a thrilling thing after a long day spent working at a desk. Relaxing even. We wondered if it's the same for culinary professionals whose days rev...
- Organic canola oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces crabmeat
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced Ortega chiles, optional
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated low-fat Jack cheese, or lite Mexican blend mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can pitted black olives
- Shredded lettuce
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
About this recipe
This recipe comes courtesy of The Wellness Kitchen: Fresh, Flavorful Recipes for a Healthier You (Adams Media, 2014) by Paulette Lambert, RD, CDE.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
Break crabmeat into smaller pieces.
In small bowl, combine green onion, cream cheese and chiles. Gently add the crab.
Spread 2 tablespoons crab and 1 tablespoon grated cheese on each tortilla. Roll up and place in baking dish.
Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese and olives.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with shredded lettuce and reduced-fat sour cream.
Serving size: 2 enchiladas
Calories per serving: 425
Calorie equivalent: 4 ounces protein, 2 carbohydrates, 1 fat