- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 large basil leaves, chopped
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound capellini or spaghetti
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces pine nuts
Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, ½ cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to sit at room temperature at least 2 hours or as long as 10 hours.
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente and drain. In a skillet, add ¼ cup olive oil and sauté tomato mixture for about 6–8 minutes, until softened.
Put pasta on a serving platter and top with tomato mixture, goat cheese and pine nuts.
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy Salomé Cervantes, executive chef of Café Zack in Ventura.