- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 baby bok choy, julienne cut
- ½ red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
In a wok over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. (If you don’t have a wok, use a wide, flat pan.) Add ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minute; keep ingredients moving and be careful not to burn garlic. Add bok choy, bell peppers and mushrooms and stir. Saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add chili oil, fish sauce, salt and pepper, and saute for another minute. Plate and top with toasted sesame seeds.
Related Stories & Recipes
This recipe is more of a modern grilled take on bok choy. Grilling gives the bok choy a slightly smoky flavor that’s delicious with the Champagne Vinaigrette and salty pecorino cheese. Prosciut...